Welcome.Please join me for the next 385 days and counting downward to my goal of being fit and fabulous by the time i turn forty!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

can I do it?

I need to have a fitness goal.Not just the weight loss but to be able to accomplish something with my body I have never done before.I cruised the net and think I am going to do a 5 K run.I know I can walk 5 K but I am going to try dang hard to run it in one month.I know longer training time would be beneficial but winter is coming in these here Northern States and if I put it off it will not get done. I have been alternating walking and jogging the dog for a few weeks now.I am going to master a plan and do this.I put it here in the blog so I have at least JAFG holding me to it right?
I am down 13.8 pounds.That is a quarter of my goal!Pick up a 10# sack of potatoes and a 2# block of cheese and throw in a half gallon of icecream. That was extra all me.It certainly sounds more impressive put that way.
I have a weird question though.WHERE does it go?Is it sweat off? Do I poop it off? Do skinny faries come and harvest the excess while I sleep? tell me!!! Or don't.Just don't bring it back.
I had a great time last night with My sister-friend Jean.She took me out to a great dinner.We split a bottle of wine and dessert.I was flying happy after the first glass so quit there.We both ate less than half of our entrees and saved them for lunch another day.
I spoke to a friend who has had gastric bypass surgery.He told me of the minute portions he is consuming now,just due to the fact that his body can handle no more and a remark he made struck a note with me.He said,"Now I see how little the human body really needs to survive." Wow.maybe I need to think less of enjoyment and more of survival and fueling my body.Do you ask if you NEED the food you are reaching for or just want it?I do ot but I may start.I know a food journal is a good idea,but it peters out after a few days.Any input??

No comments:

Post a Comment