Welcome.Please join me for the next 385 days and counting downward to my goal of being fit and fabulous by the time i turn forty!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Shame on me

I did not realize how much I have been neglecting this blog!I have had no weight break throughs,nor any real breakDowns.

I have been thinking on what my zumba instructor keeps saying about reaching out and grabbing those calories that are just for the taking and to not hold back.We all steal beg and borrow time for ourselves and we need to use it to its fullest.She is quite motivational.An hour after I work out I am fully recovered.So why not go as hard as I can.i do have a problem though...I have urine leakage when i do some jumps and bouncing.i drink so much water,it is impossible to fully empty my bladder.I wear a pad but I fear it will leak out my clothes.i am still trying to do the elliptical on the days I do not zumba.The rain has made it hard to do the long walk and Tiger hill but I have managed twice this week already.

Okay this book " The End of Overeating ,taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite " touched a chord with me.In the beginning in interviewed people in the presence of some delectable treat and many had difficulty ignoring the chocolate or cookie to complete the interview becoming noticeably fidgety and distracted.they were asked why and most readily admitted they were obsessed with preoccupation with the food.
How many of us have been like this?I have.I recall not having had lunch yet,concentrating on what I could eat for dinner.It had to be pointed out to me how silly I was being. It did not end it though.WHY?
Food in this country is DESIGNED to keep us coming back for more,thus fat.Salt,sugar,and fat are layered in unnatural combinations to appeal to our pleasure centers and be addictive.The maximum reward--yumminess is calculated in proportion to the negative side effects( nausea,sluggishness,bloating) to keep us hooked.The trick restaurants use have nothing to do with healthful food but bottom dollars.We are nothing but income and money does not come from occasional customers but those who come back repeatedly.It pays to super size for the industry.We enjoy the product,think we are getting a good deal,all the while harming our bodies!
In the end what can we do?Resisting these foods are nigh impossible as they are intended.There is no little amount you can cheat.Take your danger foods out of those equation.For me, I cannot allow chips or chocolate in my realm or I am de railed.There is no ."just a little" for me.
what to do instead?Exercise.It is reward on many levels.I feel and look better.I feel sexier.I feel powerful,sleek and it negates the urge to have a mouthful of artificial food.the book is much more motivational than I am.It focussed me.please open your eyes.See what you CAN do for YOU.You are NOT helpless.Educate yourself and learn to defend your body.
















No comments:

Post a Comment